Thursday 26 November 2020

Finally Driving and a CAN reading Arduino

 Here is a short and sweet video of the BMW taking off in first gear. I may have held the brake down a bit too long...

 

Now that i have got the car running and driving we can begin to build up the code and test the Arduino reading from the CAN and driving the dash. While I wrote the code to run the dash initially, integrating the CAN reading function was just way above my programming level, so I got the help of a friend  to help me finish it off. 

He has been working on prototypes for a while and has uploaded the final code to GitHub here: https://github.com/Damo-Chasey/16x2-LCD-fuel-gauge-and-BMW-Dash_controller

 


1 comment:

  1. Well done. I'll be looking into this further. Do you have any idea if the OBC can be utilised to display different text through Arduino?

    ReplyDelete